Alice

Alice

Friday, September 30, 2011

Love In A Moment




Sweet Alice,




Grampa had an absolutely great time with you this past weekend. Grampa’s favorite time was when you let me hold you in church. You rested your little cheek on my face and let me just hum a little tune in your ear. And there we were again, just being together.




I really can’t put into words the kind of love a grandparent has for a grandchild. Words would just mess it all up.




But I can tell you the feeling I had in that moment.




I can tell you that moment in time with you, just letting me hold you like that, was a time when nothing else was needed.




Maybe that is part of what the experience of love is Alice.

A time when nothing else is needed.




Thank you for that moment of love Sweet Alice!




Love you,

Grampa

No comments:

Post a Comment