Alice

Alice

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Corrals and Boundaries





CORRALS AND BOUNDARIES
Sweet Alice,
It’s been a month since Grampa has written, but like I told your cousin Caroline, I just decided to take a break. But I’m back now to share some thoughts with you about life, love, relationships, peanut butter, jelly, mayonnaise, pimento cheese and whatever else comes to my mind as I try in my own little way to love you with these words.
First of all, I cannot tell you what a joy it was to watch you at my house during the Christmas holidays. Your agility far exceeds the norm for your age.
It seems your mom and dad had to build a corral at home just to keep you from running away to the circus.
But actually they just wanted to keep you safe, keep you from hurting yourself because at this age you just don’t know any better. So the boundaries are a good thing, even though they may frustrate you sometimes.
You will come to find out as you get older that your parents will continue to have boundaries for you. Now you won't be able to see them like the corral you have now but you will need to understand them. And you will simply need to trust that even then, they are trying to protect you and keep you from being hurt.
And later, when you are on your own you will have to take the adult step and set your on boundaries for your own protection.
So BOUNDARIES…
Something to ponder.
Just for the record, my love for you has no boundaries!
Grampa


No comments:

Post a Comment