Alice

Alice

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Who Or What Are We








Alice,
Looks like you have been working out in the gym Circus Girl! 
That's good and that's important. 
Physical attentiveness is part of a responsible spiritual life.

How we tend to our bodies says something about us being responsible human beings.

But the truth is WE ARE NOT OUR BODIES!


CONFESSION
I'm not necessarily one to consult on this truth, because I am so "body conscious" at times that it probably becomes a therapy issue.
But I am aware of this sickness of mine. 
I would love to tell you that I have it all together but I don't.
Most everything I write to you comes out of my brokenness and not my wholeness.

SORRY ABOUT THE DIGRESSION.

 if we are not our bodies, who are we?

If we are not our bodies, what are we?

If we are not our thoughts, who are we?

If we are not our thoughts, what are we?

Answering these questions requires a lot of time in the spiritual gym!

Love you,
Grampa

No comments:

Post a Comment