Alice

Alice

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Writing Matters




Here I sit,
Wanting to be a writer.
Not great novels
Of far away exotic adventures.
I just want to write to you about life.
I just want to write to you about what matters.
So many things don’t matter in this life. 
I don’t want you to get the things that don’t matter confused with the things that do matter.
So I am a writer,
Writing about the things that matter. 
I am your personal writer about the things that matter.
It may take you awhile to see what matters and why what matters, matters.
You may end up disagreeing with me about these things that matter.
That won’t necessarily be a bad thing. It means you are thinking for yourself.
But that does not mean that they don’t matter.
All I ask is that you give them some consideration.
With time you may see the matter of the things that matter.
I have said at times that nothing is permanent. I guess maybe that is a lie.
The things that matter, the things that really matter, permanent indeed!
You matter!
And don’t you ever forget that one!
Not because you are more special than anyone else.
We all matter. We just need to let go of the need to matter.
That will be when we matter the most.

Love,
Grampa

No comments:

Post a Comment